Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Basil Butter


What's Cookin'?

I sliced a French baguette and wanted something to fancy it up for our spaghetti dinner.  This was the perfect companion and everyone seemed to enjoy it (one daughter in particular!).  My basil was dried from my garden a few years ago and is not finely crushed.  I usually crush it as I add it to my cooking.





Ingredients:

1/2 stick butter [if unsalted then add 1/8 teaspoon UNrefined salt]
2 large pinches of dried basil (mine were "3 finger" pinches)

Directions:

Shortly before serving, melt the butter over low heat.  As it melts add the basil and stir.  Turn off the heat and let it steep until serving time.

I used a tiny enamel pan to make it and served it in the same pan.  We put the baguette slices on our plates and drizzled the basil butter over them (stir before serving each time).  Mmmmm!

This recipe is part of Real Food Wednesday .

No comments:

Post a Comment