Thursday, May 16, 2013

Muffin Mania!

What's Cookin'?

Yesterday I made over *100* muffins!  We are gearing up for some life changes and I wanted to have the freezer stocked with some easy snacks/breakfast foods.  This will keep us from eating processed foods and spending on drive-thrus.

Here is a post about a similar Muffin Mania several years ago [it is mainly a bunch of muffin recipes].  This post has the basic instructions I use to adjust a regular muffin recipe to a 'soaked' recipe (scroll down past the practical life part).

These are the recipes that I made yesterday for our current Muffin Mania.  The hardest part was actually saving them and getting them all the way into the freezer :).

Banana Muffins

Bread Pudding Muffins (could be made using soaked/sprouted bread but mine wasn't)

Oatmeal/Craisin Muffins (soaked)

Mango Muffins:
I used the generic soaked muffin recipe from Nourishing Traditions (p. 482).  I added in 1 finely diced mango.

Pumpkin Muffins (soaked)

Oatmeal (soaked)

Corn muffins

Oh, and, of course, pumpkin cookies!  I love this recipe.  It's cakey, not sweet (I use 1/2 the amount posted) and filling for a snack.  It is from Heavenly Homemakers here (I skip the frosting).


~ Today I baked 8 loaves of bread and 4 batches of rolls.  4 loaves and the rolls sort of flopped - It may have something to do wth the fact that I forgot to add the yeast (!) and had to re-knead the yeast into them.  That's okay.  I'm thinking of using the flat loaves for pizza by slicing them long-ways/side-ways (like an open-faced loaf).

~ We also made some mini mint brownie cups and boy were they good!!  Dh had brought back some from some gathering that were pre-packaged (Should I put the brand?  Better not).  I cringed when I saw dc eat them and was inspired to try our own.  Oldest dd made them.  We added 1 extra tablespoon of flour to our brownie recipe and added 4 drops of peppermint oil.  Delicious.  Dh said that they tasted just like ___'s brand but without the weird aftertaste.  Food should never have a weird aftertaste - that should be an alarm.

Tomorrow... It's another baking day.  I'll be focusing on pita bread, tortillas, naan bread, and personal pizza crusts... Time to soak the batches!


No comments:

Post a Comment