Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain



The olders will be reading Tom Sawyer and I found this unit in my bookmarks that is all planned out day by day for 10 days.  I cut and pasted it into a more usable format with the lessons all together (for me) and the topic summaries (such as "Themes") along with other tidbits (such as the independent assignments - or homework) all together for the students.  This is the original link that I used to make my own arrangement of the lessons.  I like how it focuses on a different literary element each lesson:
http://www.neabigread.org/books/theadventuresoftomsawyer/teachersguide02.php

Here is a list of other units that they have:
http://www.neabigread.org/books.php?sort=sort_text

Here are some Tom Sawyer books:

This first one is a free Kindle (can be read on your computer if you don't have a Kindle).  They have the sequels as free Kindles also:







Youngest dd could read this one... She really enjoyed younger versions of Heidi and The Little Princess. I always said that it was better for them to wait and read the originals; however, these younger versions help her feel a part of what the olders are doing and she can read the originals later, right?


Kindle in Spanish:


Maybe we'll watch this when we get to the 70's in history...


Now I'm off to search for The Old Man and the Sea essay ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment