Saturday, March 24, 2012

GMO Labeling (read at your own risk!)

What's Cookin'?

What's cooking?  Hopefully NOT genetically modifed organisms in my humble abode.  Our government entity that supposedly has our well-being at the forefront does not require labeling GMO on our food products so that we can choose whether or not we want to eat it.  Many don't care so I doubt labeling will mean the demise of those with financial gain in genetic engineering.  This is not about regulation... it's about *information*.  Before I rant too much I'll just post a link to this post:

http://realfoodforager.com/tell-fda-to-just-label-gmos/

I have not read any of these so I cannot personally recommend them, but here are some books about the topic of GE/GMOs.  I may look at my local library for some of these titles.  Of course, I'm already committed to trying to not eat genetically engineered foods (much less cloned meat, which, by the way, is also NOT labeled in the US market) so it would be preaching to the choir, but it might help me articulate points and strengthen my resolve.













This is just a chapter of an upcoming book:



No comments:

Post a Comment