Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Visual Exploration of the Elements Book on Sale (40% off!)

This book is a wonderful resource for any Chemistry study, regardless of age.  Thanks so much, C., for the lead! The Elements: A Visual Exploration of Every Known Atom in the Universe




I've checked it out from the library before and it is really cool :).

What's Cookin'?

We're on schedule with the dinners I posted.  For one lunch I'm making polenta and will slice, brown slightly in a pan, top with a tomato slice and sliver of cheese, and broil just until the cheese barely starts to melt.  Doesn't that sound good?

I found non-gmo polenta mix at Big Lots, yes - Big Lots :).  Gmo products are not allowed in Europe so I like to look through their international foods in the back grocery corner.  Here is a link to the corn meal (which I used recently to make corn bread).  It's not organic, but is IS non-gmo, gluten free, Kosher, and very inexpensive for non-gmo at only $1.50.  I'm getting about 3 batches of corn bread from the 1-pound bag.  The polenta mix is 100% corn flour.

No comments:

Post a Comment