Thursday, December 8, 2011

Melissa and Doug 50% off today!!

I just got an e-mail from Amazon that select Melissa and Doug products are the Deal of the Day today and are 50% off.  Wow... just in time for Christmas!  We're waaay beyond Melissa and Doug products (sniff, sniff) but I wanted to pass this along.  Here is the link:

Click here for the deal!

http://tinyurl.com/6v9sj5e


What's Cookin'?

Yesterday was one of those afternoons - late getting in, no meal planned, attention diverted by a few unpacking tasks, tired, etc.  At 5 PM I found myself digging through the freezer hoping for something to materialize.  Lo and behold, it did!  I found a bag of precooked spaghetti noodles, a bag of precooked chicken tenders, and a bag of frozen veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots).  I defrosted then in the pan as I heated them (in some palm oil and coconut oil), added about 2 cups of chicken broth I found pushed to the back of the refrigerator, 2 teaspoons of pesto, and about 1/4 cup of cream (Mexican cream from Cacique that has less additives than even the organic cream in our stores - my backup when I'm out of fresh farm cream).  I also found some freezer biscuits and tossed those in the oven.  Phew!

Pancakes:
I guess because of last night's frantic dinner I decided to make banana pancakes for breakfast today.  If my spotted bananas could talk they would say, "Hurry, eat me, make muffins, pancakes, anything!"  I adjusted a traditional pancake recipe to soak it.

Last night I soaked:
2 Cups white wheat flour
1/4 Cup whey
1 Cup fresh milk

This morning I added:
4 Teaspoons baking powder
1 Teaspoon salt
1 Egg
4 Tablespoons butter (recipe called for 3, but hey )
1 mashed banana
Water to thin
[I also added a splash of sunflower oil so it wouldn't stick - no problem]

[These soaked banana pancakes are part of Real Food Wed
http://kellythekitchenkop.com/2011/12/real-food-wednesday-12142011.html ]

What's Green?

~ Article about nanotechnology.  Seriously, why would you need nanoparticles in clothing???

http://tinyurl.com/7gx4vj3

I've been avoiding titanium dioxide in sunscreen for dc unless it says "non nano" on it.  We use Loving Naturals and it literally took me 2 straight weeks of research to find a product so here's the link in case you're in the same boat this summer (or live in the Southern hemisphere right now!):

http://astore.amazon.com/ecleclivin-20/detail/B002C0CZEU

http://astore.amazon.com/ecleclivin-20/detail/B003V11QJO

Has your dentist recommended MI paste for tooth remineralization?  Mine did a few years ago but after I got home and really looked at the ingredients I couldn't use it.  Then I discovered Tooth Swish and was so excited when I saw that in his office (next to the MI paste) on another visit.  We use the peppermint flavor but I may try another flavor next time.






Stieler Case:

Have you been keeping up with the case against the parents of Jacob Stieler?  Here is Kelly's post:
http://kellythekitchenkop.com/2011/12/shocking-details-on-the-horrific-case-against-jacob-stielers-parents.html

No comments:

Post a Comment