Monday, December 27, 2010

E-Readers ~ Geometry 3-part cards

If you have an e-reader this may come in handy.  It is a free converter to your e-reader's software.  I don't have one but my mom got a nook reader from Barnes and Noble earlier this year.  She really likes it.  If I were to get one I would probably get the kindle from Amazon.  Either way, this converter would be useful:

http://calibre-ebook.com/

From their website: "At the moment calibre has full support for the SONY PRS line, Barnes & Noble Nook, Cybook Gen 3/Opus, Amazon Kindle line, Entourage Edge, Longshine ShineBook, Ectaco Jetbook, BeBook/BeBook Mini, Irex Illiad/DR1000, Foxit eSlick, PocketBook 360, Italica, eClicto, Iriver Story, Airis dBook, Hanvon N515, Binatone Readme, Teclast K3, SpringDesign Alex, Kobo Reader, various Android phones and the iPhone/iPad. In addition, using the Save to disk function you can use it with any ebook reader that exports itself as a USB disk."


What's Cookin'?:

Breakfast Sausage Seasoning:  I avoid MSG as much as possible so I didn't really want to get a pre-packaged breakfast sausage ('spices' and 'natural flavors' often contain MSG) for the breakfast egg casserole I need to make. I sure would have liked pastured ground pork from the farmer but couldn't so I got plain ground pork at the grocery store.  Anyway, I found this breakfast sausage seasoning recipe that got good reviews:
http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/breakfast-sausage/Detail.aspx

[Update:  I was so impressed.  I told dh, wow, it really tastes like breakfast sausage!  I think the sage and the bit of brown sugar (rapadura) make it work.  I only had fresh sage and no marjoram but it worked fine. Update on the casserole:  My mom even complimented the casserole :).]

How do you make popcorn?  Way back when, I used microwave popcorn and ate it often.  In fact, one of my worst Lyme Disease memories is having such muscle atrophy/weakness that I had to actually rest in between handfuls of popcorn as I sat on the couch.  I literally could not lift my hand to feed myself more than one bite at a time.  Sad, eh?  Wow.  I am so, so, so (so!) grateful to be on the other side of THAT mountain!  Then I discovered, or rather became convicted of, how bad microwaves are for our health and freecycled it about 2 years ago - I can't believe it's been that long!  (you can start reading some info here)  I was then hooked on stovetop popcorn with coconut oil.  It takes almost as long as microwave, is fun, and tastes excellent.  It's even easier when you have a dc shake the pot :).  Well, last tax time we replaced our finicky stove unit for one of those glass top stoves.  I couldn't believe it when I read in the instruction manual to NOT slide pots and pans around while cooking [I think it said not at all but I do sometimes anyway if a pot is full of liquid and heavy or whatever].  Seriously, I would not have gotten it if I had read that before installing it!  Now what??  Since then I've been using the Whirley Pop and have been very pleased with it.  I put in 2 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil, 1/2 cup organic pop corn, and cook it.  The dc like turning the handle and making popcorn.  Then I put it in a big bowl, melt a bit of butter to pour over it, and sprinkle some salt.  Yum.

I would actually still prefer the old shake the pot over the stove technique simply because it's a big pot to store; but, if you have a glass top like me, it works great.  I just keep it stashed in the back of the cupboard.
















What's Schoolin'?

Here are some Geometry 3-part cards for things like point, line, plane, solid, etc.  Remember: no selling and for personal use only.  I didn't put any copyright on the bottom of this one (I made it a long, long time ago), but please respect it - see how trusting I am??  The bottom line got cut off on the first page when I converted it to pdf but just cut it the same size as the others.

http://tinyurl.com/27ogt8y

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment